[Dixielandjazz] Vinyl to mp3

Scott Anthony santh at pacbell.net
Tue Nov 14 09:37:10 PST 2006

I looks like the product depicted is both not available and only ships to
addresses in the EU. Too bad. It looks pretty neat. However...

If you have a turntable and it is hooked up to your stereo system and your
stereo system has a stereo line out pair of connectors, you can basically do
the same thing. Just plug the line out into your line in on the computer,
run Audacity (the same free software I mentioned yesterday and is also
mentioned in the article below) and record the tracks.

Note that this process has to be in real-time because you are digitizing
actual analog audio from your LPs. Ripping CDs is faster because it is
merely translating digital data from one format to another.

Scott Anthony