[Dixielandjazz] Brian Harvey on: Archeophone King Olivers & the Hot Jazz Channel

Craig I. Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Mon Nov 13 18:05:32 PST 2006

----- Original Message -----
Brian Harvey
 <brian at radiojazz.co.uk>
Said:
> If I took several misguided listmembers advice re equipment I'd be unable
> do any of this because all I'd have to play them on would be an Ipod!
I for one have touted the iPod and its brothers and sisters,
BUT have NEVER said it is the only thing you should have.
It has its very valuable uses, but clearly doesn't play everything unless
you
convert it from the original medium and format.
I still have more than one turntable, cd player and cassette tape player.
and the attendant amps, speakers etc. and wouldn't dream of dumping them.

Craig Johnson