[Dixielandjazz] Gunter's Chain Pulling

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 13 07:11:30 PST 2006

> "Bill Gunter" <jazzboard at hotmail.com>

> Hi Steve,
>
> I wrote:
>
>> Barbone refuses once again to acknowledge the wave of the future.
>
> You wrote:
>
>> Hard to believe you mean that. Chain pulling?
>
> Sure!  But it's a gentle pull. Wish I had a buck for every time somebody
> yanked mine.

Yes, I would owe you a few bucks eh?

> By the way, do you have a CD player? An audio cassette player? An LP
> turntable? If you have all or any of these things then why is an mp3 player
> any different?

Of course I have them. Mp3 player is not different except in amount of noise
it holds, and in a slight lack of similar fidelity. BTW, I never claimed it
was any different so why the question implying that I did?

> If you don't have any of these things then what do you play the Glenn Gould
> Goldberg Variations on?

On my various CD players, of course. My goodness, I also never claimed I did
not have these things. (When did you stop beating your wife????)

You are not responding to my original statement, which regards the
communication, not the communication devices.

I simply stated that I do not wish to listen to 10,000 hours of music at
this stage of my life. That I sometimes wish to be out or reach of all the
extraneous noise that exists in the world. Etc., etc.., etc. So, I turn my
cell phone off, or leave it behind, and have no need or desire for an iPod.

If I was stranded on a desert island, the hell with the music, I'd want to
be with an intelligent, humorous, mature, woman. You know, like Nancie,
Nancy, Ginny, Kay, Janie, Judie, Sue, et al. We would make our own music.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone