[Dixielandjazz] Electric (Electronic) Washboard

mmckay macjazz at se.rr.com
Mon Nov 13 14:34:19 PST 2006

There is a slight possibility that you mis-read my previous post.

Bela Fleck is MKOM and anyone who listens at all will almost assuredly agree
that he is their kind of music, as well.

Guys whose main (advertised) feature is that they play two saxes at once and
whose entire blurb consists of the situation not the music are not what I'm
willing to go pay $20 to hear (MKOM).  That was the act on with Future Man
who is a great show and does make some intriguing sounds.  I do find (as
someone said earlier) that sometimes he tends to get in the way of, more
than support, when he is working with Fleck (at the concerts I attended).
Again, I wasn't interested in a whole evening of that and the saxes. Had
Fleck been part of it, I'd have been there at $40/$50 a ticket (which is
what I paid last time I heard him, as I recall).

I don't even mean that as a "put-down," for Future Man and did say just what
I meant. It just isn't/wasn't MKOM and the sax thing didn't appear as though
it was going to contribute enough to change my mind.

Mart

Martin D. McKay (Designated (in this case non-)listener.)