[Dixielandjazz] Electric (Electronic) Washboard

mmckay macjazz at se.rr.com
Mon Nov 13 08:00:40 PST 2006

 Future man played here in St. Augustine Thursday and was very well
received.  He was with a sax player whose main attraction seemed to be the
ability to play two saxes at once and I didn't bother to go.  (I was pretty
sure it wasn't MyKOM, let along OKOM!) I have heard Future man play with
Fleck (last year when Fleck was playing) and he does add an interesting
modern mix but I agree with Mike that it is basically an electronic
washboard and contributes more in terms of effect than in terms of music.

Mart

Martin D. McKay (Designated (in this case, non-)listener).