[Dixielandjazz] The Music is "Visual"

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sat Nov 11 08:41:12 PST 2006

Anyone who spends money on "Delirium" and hates it, please let me be first
to say, "I told you so".  I had seen and heard so much on TV about them and
was so excited to have a chance to go see (and hear) them.  Boy did I  feel
gyped, bored, and have my ear drums tastelessly beat to death 95% of the  time.
And I am very capable of enjoying a "drum" concert, consider Baba  Olatungi and
Taiko drummers some of best concerts I ever  attended.
 Even the visuals got very boring, Steve.  Hard to describe, but  then I
don't think many people in delirium enjoy it.  Thus I began to feel  that the
point of the production was to make sure I wanted "out of  Delirium".  I did.  I'm
still willing to assume Cirque has  produced much better shows, may do so
again in the future.  Oh, it  wasn't just me, 34 year old daughter and her
boyfriend felt the same,  multi-generational family who took the kids, etc., anyone
I talked to who saw  it.  It did mean I will hesitate to be a future ticket
buyer to a  Cirque production.
Ginny

In a message dated 11/11/2006 8:26:51 A.M. Central Standard Time,