[Dixielandjazz] Fw: Fw: Are iPods just a passing fancy? (wasmp3s and all...

Craig I. Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Fri Nov 10 22:49:59 PST 2006

I have 4000 tunes on mine (20 gigabyte version) at the moment, virtually all
the varieties of
so-called "dixieland" or swing. -- Still not quite full. All my CDs are on
it as part of the 4000
I play thru an fm hookup to my car radio, thru earphones (buds) if I'm out
fishing and no one
to talk to unless I just want the silence of the day, or using a "BOSE
docking station" if I'm
sitting around at home. (of course all the same songs are on my computer as
that is how I
loaded the iPod.)

I've found it quite easy to use, load up, operate or search.
The writing is small,(titles etc.) but that is only a problem if I'm
driving.
Eventually, I'll get a compatible radio in the car that is set up for mp3s
etc
and that will give me a larger set of titles that can be read with a quick
glance.
No, I don't search while driving, but it is nice to be able to quickly check
that name of what is playing at the moment.

Plus: It's great if I want to subject the band to hearing a rendition of a
tune they
don't know.

Regards,
Craig Johnson