[Dixielandjazz] Wax cylinders...NEW

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 10 17:05:24 PST 2006

On the other hand...I was in Virginia City, Nevada, not long ago, and I
stopped into an antique store specializing in old record players...Edison
type, the kind that play the wax cylinders! I couldn't believe my eys when I
saw NEW ONES, just released...with Wynton Marsalis recorded on them.
Evidently some mouldy fig has decided to re-create wax cylinders with modern
players...I think they were selling for about $25 each...I don't have the
business card anymore, darn it!

http://virginiacityantiquephonographmuseumpotsonthecomstock.com/page_000.html

Google turned up this site...I could almost swear this is where I saw the
new cylinders...
Warmest regards,
Bob Romans,
1617 Lakeshore Drive,