[Dixielandjazz] The Boilermakers

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 10 13:45:24 PST 2006

> "Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon" <mjl at ix.netcom.com> wrote
>
> They have a nice website, too.  Via the clips, I learned that they may
> have re-invented, but they at least had the good sense not to leave
> their NO roots behind -- on the NO tunes, they still have their classic
> sound.

Yes they do. And the YOUNG swing dancers APPRECIATE THAT SOUND. In fact,
when they put out their latest CD, departing a bit with some new tunes, some
of the kids on the Philadelphia Swing Dance Chat List chided them. The kids
want MORE OF THE CLASSIC OKOM, 20s and 30s tunes, on the next CD.

> I'm so glad to say I have their first CD from way back in, I think 95 or
> so.  (Funny, they're not selling that one anymore...!),

Probably sold out, and not re-issued.

For a real treat about the Swing Dance scene and the Boilermakers, google
search for:

<Boilermakers + Swing Dances>

Those not familiar with their following, and/or the Swing Dance scene in the
USA WILL BE AMAZED. (165,000 hits)

They also maintain a lot of visibility on the many different swing dance
chat list forums. Yep, they promote while most of us demote. And they sell
LOTS of CDs at each dance they play. . . to YOUNG PEOPLE.

Way to go Paul.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone