[Dixielandjazz] FW: mp3, CD etc. and DAT

Ron Hayes Ron at pac-mar.com
Fri Nov 10 09:55:21 PST 2006

I have used a Sony MiniDisc recorder for a couple of years.
It fits in your shirt pocket. I use a separate Sony microphone, which
has an longer cord.
The unit will use the 1 Gig MiniDisc, as well as the smaller ones. I
have a whole collection now.
For quick copies, I burn to CD with my PC.
Quality of recording can be adjusted. It is about $400, plus about $80
for a decent mic.
It has a case for an auxiliary battery to supplement the rechargeable.
The only downside is the Sony cryptic documentation.
I also transfer my CDs to discs as well for travel.
Ron Hayes
Puddin' River Jazz Band