[Dixielandjazz] mp3, CD etc. and DAT

Dingo roadie at btinternet.com
Thu Nov 9 01:52:37 PST 2006

Marty wrote:

Jim and Listmates,

  I use a portable DAT to record my band. The cartridges
  arfe not readily available. I was told that there is a product
  sold at many common outlets, e.g., Walmart etc. that will
  substitute for DAT tape. I have'nt found it and wonder if
  anyone can tip me off on it?
________

As far as I am aware there is not a substitute for DAT tape. The physical
size of both the cassette shell and the tape it contains is specific to that
format. As to availability, audio stores are your best bet or Google for
them.
~
John D