[Dixielandjazz] For Larry & any others wanting to tap the wedding market whereever you are.

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Wed Nov 8 15:11:40 PST 2006

Here is an opportunity to do some marketing and promote your local Jazz
Society as well:

The booth should actually be bought by the Jazz Society and offer the
prorated expenses division between good local bands that would like to
participate and get bookings,   All the while the Society could recruit
new members for the Society and market their events where they could
hire the bands and showcase them.  Yes invite the Bride and potential
Groom and their wedding party and or parents to a Society event for
Free !  Let them come out and have a good time and you just might
start converting many of them into paid memberships and increasing the
numbers at your paid monthly events.

Hey bandleaders:  You could also have all your sidemen split the costs
as well since they will be the ones getting hired to play the weddings,
will promote job security for lazy sidemen,  they can either come up
with their share of  the cash or work it off by playing the equivalent
in free gigs for you till you get you investment back.   Any sideman
unwilling to do that should be replaced anyway.  If they don't
advertise how do they expect to get on the big yellow gig bus.

In the words of the Great OKOM Band Grateful Dead:   "Gas, Grass or
Ass, nobody rides for Free! "

And Good Lord forbid that the Musicians Union  might ever do such a
thing to promote and stimulate Live music gigs.

Do your part: Kill A DJ  one gig at a time.

Gee why didn't I think of that ?  department : ))

Subject:  A good investment for you I am sure

  ATTN: OTHER WEDDING VENDORS -         Want to split booth at NW Bridal
Show?

  Reply to: gigs-225729853 at craigslist.org

  Date: 2006-10-25, 3:48PM PDT

   I am wondering if there are any other vendors out there who want to
split a booth with me at the NW Bridal Show at the Everett Washington
Events Center, January 20 and 21, 2007  ?

   The booth is $600 and I hope to find another vendor or company who
doesn't have a lot to display and is willing to split the booth and
the costs.

   Musician, make-up artist, hairstylist, anything with not too much to
display. My company is a planner and an officiant.

  Please email me if you are interested!

            Compensation: No compensation from me, but we will both get
great business leads! 1000+ brides visit this show!

  Hey you could ask to play live in the booth and book lots of weddings.
  Or negotiate with the event promoter to hold a showcase and charge
all the savvy good bands to participate in it.

 Screw the DJ’s take back live music . :))   Stop taking NO for an
answer !!   There are good paying gigs all around you going begging.

Tom Wiggins