[Dixielandjazz] Multiple Gigs On The Same Night

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 7 21:02:45 PST 2006

Nothing wrong with them, as Pat Ladd  says. I do multiples several times a
year. No big deal, all under the Barbone Street Name.

In any large metropolitan area, there are at least 60 excellent musicians
who have no trouble at all playing Dixieland, and/or American Songbook.

My "good" musician file, is  6 deep in each instrument and can theoretically
field 10 working Dixieland bands for the "non-Jazz" general audience. Some
of these groups that I put together will knock your socks off. Ask  List
mate John McClernan. And if some musos are working, they can recommend more
subs. Like Ginny says, Network.

Last Mardi Gras I had 6 Barbone Street's working. 5 at Brew Pubs and one at
a private party. All to rave reviews. Don't do it often because I do not
enjoy the hassle of being a booking agent. Only when forced to, and I am
always sure to announce to Barbone Street's regular fans where the original
band will be.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone