[Dixielandjazz] Renee Olstead--Fantastic Teen Vocalist

Jtnt at aol.com Jtnt at aol.com
Tue Nov 7 08:15:34 PST 2006

Just heard this wonderful singer, Renee Olstead, on the radio and have to
tell everyone about her; both Nan & I felt the shivers when she sang.  And sorry
if this was posted before; tried to do a search to see, but search is disabled.

Anyway, she has one CD out with a bunch of old standards most of you will
like; not Dixie but still OKOM for most of us.

Here are some of the tunes on her first CD

Taking A Chance On Love
Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby
Someone To Watch Over Me
A Love That Will Last
Sunday Kind Of Love
On A Slow Boat To China
What A Difference A Day Makes
Sentimental Journey

Nice tune list; and she was only FIFTEEN when she made it, and only 17 now!

The voice is hard to believe, the phrasing even more so, even for someone
much older.

Reminds me of Bria, who plays well beyond her years.

Hey Aphrodite, sign her up :-)

Here her tunes on her web site:  _http://www.reneeolstead.com/_
(http://www.reneeolstead.com/)