[Dixielandjazz] I Sound.com Artist Blog - A Valuable Resource

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 7 05:35:08 PST 2006

List mates - especially band leaders and musicians;

Are you getting Newspaper reviews in your area? Best way I know of to get
local gigs.

Below is the opening paragraph of one of many articles available FREE on the
I Sound music blog. If you seek to get more gigs, make more money in music,
or just like to read about Marketing, Promotion, and Success, then by all
means put the following address in your computer and go there every month
for a new volume of useful information. This is Volume 5 - November

http://www.isound.com/artist_blog

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

"SELF PROMOTION VS REPRESENTATION: WHEN SHOULD AN ARTIST SEEK HELP?
OK - So I am an entertainer with a professional promotion package - What
now?"

"The primary focus in the beginning stages of any performer's career is to
"get noticed" and build an initial following. For the established artist,
the idea is to increase the scope of your following and improve the general
public's awareness and/or perception of your talent and abilities. Your
first task is to get reviewed in the newspaper."