[Dixielandjazz] One for Brother Gunter

Phil O'Rourke philor at webone.com.au
Mon Nov 6 18:59:39 PST 2006

> Preferences aside, it just seems like the horizontal position, laying in
the
> lap, would deaden any resonance and just about totally muffle the sound of
> washboard.  All those dulcet tones would be lost in the pleats of the
> player's trousers!!  I realize the YouTube clips don't have a great deal
of
> audio fidelity, but I really couldn't tell what the guy was doing until I
> saw that he had a small cymbal set on the end of the board.

Ron

And the vertical position would not loose any resonance by having the
washboard pressed against the player's (sometimes overly ample) belly??
The again think of the possibility if the player had various studs, ring etc
in their body.
Little Egypt with a washboard would add a whole new dimension to the art.

Phil O'Rourke
Tenor Washboard
Australia