[Dixielandjazz] One for Brother Gunter

JBruno868 at aol.com JBruno868 at aol.com
Mon Nov 6 18:21:05 PST 2006

In a message dated 11/6/2006 6:16:10 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
ronald_wheeler at bellsouth.net writes:

Preferences aside, it just seems like the horizontal position, laying  in the
lap, would deaden any resonance and just about totally muffle the  sound of a
washboard.  All those dulcet tones would be lost in the  pleats of the
player's trousers!!  I realize the YouTube clips don't  have a great deal of
audio fidelity, but I really couldn't tell what the  guy was doing until I
saw that he had a small cymbal set on the end of the  board.

That is why I always played mine against my rather  large chest. Built in
muffle. Lol

Jazz  Hugs

Judie