[Dixielandjazz] Paul Gonzalves

Fred Spencer drjz at bealenet.com
Mon Nov 6 08:49:51 PST 2006

Dear Larry,

Paul Gonsalves could have had narcolepsy but I quoted this about him in my
book, "Jazz and Death, Medical Profiles of Jazz Greats: "[he] fell face down
on the stage while he was playing a solo and had to be carried off by
stagehands...he became hooked on heroin and may have experimented with other
drugs, including LSD "(Collier, Duke Ellington, 1989). Cheers.

Fred