[Dixielandjazz] MP3s or Digital Releases

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sat Nov 4 21:57:30 PST 2006

Progress Fr. Mike Progress!

   time and technology keeps marching on, faster than we can read the
instruction manual to learn how to play the last medium. :))

But take heart mate:  I just came back from a 70th Birthday party for a
long time friend of mine, and his favorite and now prized Birthday gift
was believe it or not Actually a Brand new 4 Track cassette player just
like the one he had in his 1958 Chevrolet Impala, He was so happy he
damned near cried, and announced that he still had his entire
collection of four track cassette tapes in his garage. :))

One of his other long time buddies that had actually bought several of
them from him back when they were the latest new thing for cars had
kept one in the original box in storage all these years.   Having of
course updated all his custom hot rods to 8 tracks, and then cassettes,
and then to Cds.   Just made the guys entire day.

Cds are indeed on the way out,  so get all of them you can now, but you
better buy up a few players as well, because in a year or two it will
cost you more to have one repaired than you will pay for three or four
of them now.   Like it or not we now live in a Throw away temporary
society.

Now if I could just find a cartridge for my very expensive phonograph
turntable :))   I could play that great record collection in the
basement, many which have not yet been opened.

Sadly,

Tom the musical pack rat,  who never throws anything away, especially
my Friends :))   I still have two of them, could somebody send me .70
cents so I can call them both :))