[Dixielandjazz] mp3 files

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sat Nov 4 11:56:41 PST 2006

Hi Bill:

Yes my band does have Mp3 files and we are launching a massive
marketing program with them for 2007, it does take time to move into
the ever changing fast paced technology advancement of the music
industry.   Especially for many of us who are severely computer
challenged.

There is a site available that all OKOM bands should check out quickly
and start getting involved with to help expand the music, I believe it
is called    http://www.burnlounge.com

If that is incorrect somebody let me know and I will look it up in my
files and post the correct link.

We must also remember that most OKOM Bands are still trying to figure
out how to record their tune onto 8 Track cassettes :))

HOWEVER IN ALL SERIOUSNESS FOLKS, I AGREE WITH BILL THAT WE SHOULD ALL
be embracing this new technology and thrusting everything we can into
the overall new media system.  The sooner the better because there are
indeed a lot more acts out performing this music Live in major arenas
exposing at least some of it to the unwashed masses of kids,  guys like
Harry Connick Jr. Bruce Springsteen, Wynton Marsalis, Barbone Street,
Saint Gabriel's Celestial Brass Band,  Rebirth Brass Band, Dirty Dozen
Brass Band, Bonerama, Kermit Ruffins, New Orleans Jazz vipers, and a
whole passel of Street brass bands that Dave Richoux could name,.
They may be playing it in more modern arrangements and styles but
nonetheless they are playing it and meeting those KIDS where they live.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins