[Dixielandjazz] What Turns The Younger Audiences On?

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Fri Nov 3 15:05:39 PST 2006

Polite snip from Larry's post:

  While there have always been adventurous young things, a dance was
shut down here two weeks ago at a
local high school because the young ladies were doing a pretty good
imitation of lap dances.

Heaven forbid,  how is that much different than slow dancing with Long
Tall Sally who didn't seem to mind riding your knee around the dance
floor and blowing into your ear to make the knee keep twitching :))

How quickly we forget what i'ts like to be young and raging, :))   Why
oh why did we have to grow up and be responsible role models.  ha ha.
some role models we were, and you can bet our kids and grandkids are
and have been just as wild or wilder than we were.

   Even the Jitterbug required two people doing steps.    No Wonder the
Baptist hated it!  :))
  I still maintain that most OKOM doesn't lend its self to the  versions
of dancing that is commonly done today.
 Is it impossible to dance to?    Well no but doesn't happen very often.

A couple of years ago two kids about 16 came up and danced in front of
the
band and absolutely stole the show but they knew what they were doing.
They
were even in 30's style cloths.  I have no idea where they came from.
They
danced for about a half hour and drew a huge crowd at the shopping
plaza.

Now Larry ya shoulda got their phone number and invited them to all
your shows and gigs, cheaper than sidemen and proved they could draw a
crowd,  darn another good opportunity missed.  :))

Just teasing you of course mate.

Tom Wiggins