[Dixielandjazz] The Ultimate Showcase?

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Wed Nov 1 14:19:51 PST 2006

Do any of us have any information that they have a desire (business goal)  to
be other than on the Dixieland Jazz Circuit?

I watched one of their sets last year at San Diego Festival and one  was
enough for me.  Of course, it was my first trip out that way so  there were many
groups I was trying to see for the first time.--but there were  individuals
that I wanted to hear more than once.  They were indeed  pleasing their audience
and they are talented, but I tend to agree with Tom that  being female and
attractive is getting them a lot.  A young male group  would be/is exciting to me
also as they hold out hope for a potential  enjoyable hour in my own nursing
home days.  But the same level of  music being produced by a group of wrinkled
faces would not get nearly as much  attention.
Ginny

In a message dated 10/31/2006 11:35:21 P.M. Central Standard Time,