[Dixielandjazz] COUNTRY JAZZ

Samuel Johnson ghanaexpress at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 17:09:56 PDT 2006

Or have a Dixieland Band play
country music Dixieland style.

To hear what Tom suggested, Phil Mason [Phil Mason New Orleans All Stars] cut a CD a year ago comprised entirely of Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson hits entitled ON THE ROAD AGAIN selling well in UK-EC.  Not all worked well but a some tracks are outstanding.  For years, the Grand Ol' Opry warmed up the audience with a Dixie Band and was always well received.  My experience with taking OKOM into other music style venue is that it works well in Country and Modern-Mainstream Jazz, gets by in the Big Band outlets and gets run out of town in the Hard Rock-Rap clubs.  I think it is a matter of volume.... even miked dixie can't compete with amplified instruments and 2 story speakers.

  Sam

Samuel Johnson