[Dixielandjazz] Dixie Chicks Thinking

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Wed May 31 15:19:34 PDT 2006

Steve barbone wrote:

>Freedom of Speech, including Freedom of Musical Performance just won a great
>victory because of 3 Dixie Chicks with balls. And you heard it here first.

Man, what a concept.  Reminds me of an all female trash band in the LA
area some years back called 'Dickless.'

I listened to an interview with the Dixie Chicks on Fresh Air a couple
of days ago.  I found them to be quite bright with their feet firmly on
the ground.  Shocking as it may be, I find Madonna to have a sharp
business mind (no, I didn't say she was smart).  However, Mariah Carey's
inability to make a wave on an EEG machine has always surprised me.

Braininess aside, if the political content is what turns you away from
the Dixie Chicks, then I guess you think Neil Young is just a big
imbecile. (http://www.neilyoung.com/lww/lww.html)

All the best, Gary