[Dixielandjazz] Did Red Nichols play a mouthpiece solo?

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Wed May 31 12:32:23 PDT 2006

Hi Listmates...I got these two messages off of the TPIN...very interesting!
Warmest regards,
Bob Romans,
1617 Lakeshore Drive,
Lodi, Calif., 95242
PH 209-747-1148
www.cellblockseven2002.net

Message: 11
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 16:54:32 -0400
From: "Thomas Powers" <tom.powers at adelphia.net>
Subject: [TPIN] Question on Red Nichols recording
To: "'Trumpet'" <tpin at tpin.okcu.edu>

I recently heard a recording of "Roses of Picardy" with Red Nichols on
Cornet. It sounded like Nichols played his solo on the mouthpiece. Anybody
else heard that recording? Is that what was going on there?

Thanks, TOM

M. Thomas Powers
6351 Gemstone Dr
Middletown, OH 45044