[Dixielandjazz] Dixie Chicks

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Wed May 31 12:14:20 PDT 2006

Steve,

You didn't answer the question - how does the Dixie Chicks commercial
success (if indeed that is true, I don't know) elevate them to the status of
being "more intelligent than most people on the planet"? I fail to see how
the acquisition of untold wealth is an indicator of worldwide intellectual
superiority. All it means to me is that this group has employed people who
are skilled at marketing the DC product, I doubt very much if these skills
run to increasing the intelligence of the group members.

John Farrell