[Dixielandjazz] Whew - how much Dixie Chicks can this list take???

Vaxtrpts at aol.com Vaxtrpts at aol.com
Wed May 31 12:10:00 PDT 2006

Well, out from lurking for a moment.  It sure seems to me that the  Dixie
Chicks have taken up a large portion of a "jazz" list.  Well,  regardless of what
they think politically, I don't like their music!  (Yes,  I have listened a
little.....)  Sure seems to be a little off topic  here.
I will be posting a report on the LA Jazz Institute "Encores in Big Band
Jazz" this past weekend.  I hope everyone will read that one, even though  it may
not pertain completely to what this list deems "OKOM."  It was one  of the
best weekends I have ever spent in my life and people from all over the  world
came to "revel" in big band music.
Mike Vax