[Dixielandjazz] Dixie Chicks going Dixieland?

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Wed May 31 11:48:50 PDT 2006

Not only did they have the intelligence to "THINK" OUTSIDE THE BOX,
they also climbed out of the BOX and took their music to a new audience
of people while the narrow minded  Red Necks in the box trash talked
them for daring to exercise their own Freedom of Speech to disagree
with Business as usual and what was being fed to them and all of us by
the same Media.

So any former Red neck Fans that decided to turn on them simply were
replaced with a new audience of fans who quickly embraced them and
their music and made them even bigger than before and expanded the
Country Music genre audience even further, we should be so lucky that
they have similar success doing it with Dixieland music.

Ahhh Jazzers, and Red Necks   so quick to condemn or embrace Change,
this is a new day folks and like it or not music will continue to
evolve and change as will political views and societies around the
world,  some for the better some for the worse, but one thing you can
count on is it WILL change.   However pay attention closely because the
more it changes the more it stays the same, just has a new BOX to
deliver it in. :))

They proved once again that the Emperor has new clothes,  and the media
is now switching horses to agree with them, ahhhh but the public is
fickle fickle, which is why the media should be far more careful what
they spoon feed them every day sometimes it comes back to bite you in
the butt.    You can also bet there are a lot of Red neck fans slowly
slipping back up to the Beer wagon at their concerts too.

They all got to make their own political statement but are coming back
together for good music anyway.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins
http://www.sonicbids.com/StGabrielscelestialbrassband

For anyone who believes that propaganda about their fans being
alienated and
having deserted them, you might wish to check out the facts.  They are
enormously popular. Even the media is doing a mea culpa now. Twice in
Time
Magazine  this month and a profile on 60 minutes TV. Perhaps reflecting
that
their once "radical" view seems today, to be mainstream American
thought .
And, it seems that the reviews are touting their new album as the best
so
far in 2006 and maybe the best for the rest of the year. (Another
Grammy?)

They are successful in spite of the organized attempt by radio stations
and
other media to keep them from being successful. (And they are adding a
Dixieland sound)

A final thought? This quote from Time Magazine: "And however you vote,
it's
tough to deny that by gambling their careers, three Texas women have the
biggest balls in American music."

The rest of us are pansies by comparison. Afraid of our own shadows and
too
wrapped up in political BS to realize that when the media refuses to
present

performers because of political views, or what ever, and we condone that
action, we are contributing to the demise of our own freedom to play or
sing
what we want.

Dumb? Far from it. Their current marketing campaign is a gem. We should
be
so dumb. Like it or not, folks, the Chicks are back and that's a good
thing.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone