[Dixielandjazz] Dixie Chicks going Dixieland?

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed May 31 07:06:34 PDT 2006

on 5/31/06 7:08 AM, BillSargentDrums at aol.com at BillSargentDrums at aol.com
wrote:

In a message dated 5/30/2006 10:14:07 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:
First Bruce Springsteen puts out a CD with some Dixieland. Now, the Dixie
Chicks? One wonders whether this is just coincidence, are they testing the
waters, or is it the start of a pop trend?
One of the few places they haven't yet blown up their fan base. . . . not to
worry, these stupid chicks will alienate them too.

Bill

Hi Bill & Listmates:

All the talk about losing their fan base since their political statement is
just that . . . talk. Yes, they lost some fans but guess what . . . they
still sell more CDs in two weeks then all of us in OKOM combined do in two
years.  And today, their fan base is back and increasing.

I wish we OKOMers had the power and/or the intestinal fortitude to be as up
front in our actions/opinions/musical presentations etc.,  without worrying
what the fans might do, or think, or what the press and/or jazz police might
say.

Want to make an OKOM Festival a huge success? Hire the Dixie Chicks as the
Headliners.

They are far from stupid and in fact, more intelligent than most people on
the planet.

Cheers,
Steve