[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixieland in Fredericksburg Texas

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Tue May 23 20:22:30 PDT 2006

Steve and DJMLers--
     Oh, "it's twoo, it's twoo!"  The Band Aids Jazz Band is from San
Antonio and its players are medical doctors or medical professionals.
They played a fine concert for the Austin Traditional Jazz Society
last month (see my review of it at
http://www.atjs.org/reviews/review20060421.html).
     Neither Dave nor i play in the band, but they do have a fine
tuba-player named Bill Chapman, who used to play with Jim Cullum.
     I have to miss this, unfortunately, as i'm flying to Sacramento
tomorrow for the Jazz Jubilee.

     Dan

**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**    "In each human heart are a tiger, a pig, an ass, and a
**     nightingale.  Diversity of character is due to their unequal
**     activity."   --  Ambrose Bierce in _The Devil's Dictionary_