[Dixielandjazz] Jo Stafford

Don jdrobertson at att.net
Tue May 23 19:45:51 PDT 2006

With all the talk about Jo Stafford I remember as a kid growing up in
Long Beach, California in the '40's, the rumor that Jo and/or her family
lived somewhere near us in Long Beach.  According to the Bio's I find
now it was apparently true, or at least in earlier years.  This was
about the time Tim-Tay-Shun came out, and of course it was only a rumor
then that it was Jo.
I recall Paul Weston's music as being symphonic and romantic with lots
of strings.  It's hard to imagine him in the role of Jonathon Edwards.
According to the Bio's I've found Jo is still with us.

Don Robertson
Napa, CA