[Dixielandjazz] Jo Stafford

brycejo at comcast.net brycejo at comcast.net
Tue May 23 10:37:22 PDT 2006

That was a wonderful put-on by Stafford and Weston. It was supposed to be a debut-type recording.  It was called "Jonathan and Darlene Edwards present Henreitta G. Stumpf."  Weston played the piano.  Every run and/or cadenza is just a little long or a little short.  None are quite right.  Stafford sings as Ms. Stumpf.  Every note is a little sharp or flat.  The overall effect is hilarious.

I read somewhere that Weston and Stafford used to entertain guests with this routine and were urged to record.  It LP is a marvelous collectors' item

J. D. Bryce

From: "Jim Kashishian" <jim at kashprod.com>