[Dixielandjazz] Improving on the originals

Mike C. mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Mon May 22 17:43:01 PDT 2006

This joker sounds like some of Monk's original critics who were incapable of accepting Monk's music for what it was.

Musical Masterpieces

One unique thing about Monk's music is that it will not stand any tampering. When I say tampering I mean changing chords and melody notes. Ron Miles demonstrated this to us in jazz combo about three years ago. It was very interesting.

Mike

  A recent thread talked about this subject. Here is an example (?). While