[Dixielandjazz] Jack Mayhu Status

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sat May 20 07:01:51 PDT 2006

This from Lee Floyd III plinkfloyd at yahoo.com .

(snip)
I became a close friend of Mr.Jack Mayhu's (recording Clarinet artist most
famous
for his work with the original Dukes of Dixieland) since I moved here to New
Orleans
over a year ago. The last four months in particular. As you probably know he
was
befallen by a difficult stroke episode a couple of months ago. He has been
in the
hospital ever since then because of complications, and stupid mistakes by
the doctors
and nurses that almost finished him off more than once. Through it all he
has struggled
to stay alive and as of two days ago he is now at home convalescing.
He is so happy to be home and has high hopes to return to his amazing smooth
genius
Clarinet playing that he has always been known for.
I have been lucky enough to call him a friend, work jobs with him, and visit
with
him periodically and visit in his home with him many times. I personally
hope like
heck he recovers to play again someday soon. The main milestone of being
well enough
to return home was "major" believe me. Now if you could do me a favor and
please
let everyone who cares know this, and ask them to pray hard for his skills
to return.
I think he and the world would be a little bit better off if that happens,
and I
know that is the number one thing he hopes for too.
Your friend in music,
Lee Floyd
(snip)

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
The Fulton Street Jazz Band
The Boondockers (Jazz and Comedy)

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it,
but only you can feel the true warmth.