[Dixielandjazz] FACE TO FACE IN EUROPE

Tito Martino tmartino at terra.com.br
Sat May 20 05:51:51 PDT 2006

Dear List mates

The Tito Martino Jazz Band was invited to play at the Cantanhede Dixieland
Festival the 8,9,10 and 11 June; (Cantanhede is a little town near Coimbra).
Following that dates, part of my Band comes back to Brasil, but two or three
members will do some rambling about in Europe.

>From my part, I contacted some old European acquaintances  and resulted a
series of invitations for me to play, in Stockholm, Askersund, Geneva, Bern,
Lyon and Vienna.  I would like to meet and possibly have a friendly drink
with DJML list mates in these places.  If you will be around, please contact
me before 5 June.

Now just for those interested to know, this will be my itinerary in Europe:

JUNE

6th  - flight from São Paulo to Lisboa (Lissabon) with my whole Band

7th   -   Jam Session in Coimbra, Portugal, with members of several
international Jazz groups invited to the Festival.

8,9,10th   -  Concerts at the III Cantanhede Dixieland Festival, with my
Tito Martino Jazz Band

 (see  <http://www.cantanhedeonline.pt/dixieland/home/programa.asp>
http://www.cantanhedeonline.pt/dixieland/home/programa.asp )

11th   -   Street Parade down-town Cantanhede, with all Bands in cars,
antique automobiles, school students, dancers,

allegoric cars (floats), clowns, like in New Orleans Mardi Gras (see 2005
pictures in the site).

12th   - Jam Session at night in a Jazz Club in Lisboa with Portuguese Jazz
Bands

13th   - I go alone to Sweden, to play with the Jesse Lindgren’s New Orleans
Band in a Stockholm Jazz Club

                   (see  <http://www.jesse.nu/> www.jesse.nu )

14th  -  Special guest with Sveriges Jazzband (dixieland style band) at
outdoor restaurant in Stockholm.
15th -  Transportation by car to Linköping, 150 km south of Stockholm, to
play with Bent Persson's Band

(New Orleans style) in Linköping in the evening.

16th -  Transportation to Askersund, approximately 250 km drive to play with
Jesse’s New Orleans Band  at

the Askersund Jazz Festival,where I will play with the Gota River Jazz Band
17th -   Concert  with Festival All Stars
18th  -  Guesting a couple of numbers with Jesse’s New Orleans Band at final
(outdoor) concert
19th  and/or 20th  -     River Cruise in Stockholm with Jazz Doctors.

21st  -  flying to Genéve.   I will stay in Switzerland till the 4th JULY
and guest by my daughters in Geneva and in Bern.

I will play with my old friends of the Bowler Hat Jazz Band and of the
Bogalusa N.O. Jazzband, my Band in Swiss from 1984 to 1992.     During these
two weeks, I have an invitation to play a weekend at a Jazz Club in Lyon
(France).

JULY

4th -  Flight to Vienna, where I will play Saturday the 8th July with the
Red Hot Pods at the Jazzland Club, (see  <http://www.jazzland.at/>
http://www.jazzland.at/ ) and (possibly) the 6th July in a riverboat cruise
over the Danube.

10th  -  flying back to Lisboa.

11th  -  flying back to Brazil.

Well, it seems a lot of work to do
.    ;-)    wish I’ll have time to relax
and enjoy
..

Wish I can meet many good mates from the DJML.

Cheers and beers,

Tito

TITO MARTINO JAZZ BAND

   55 11 3865-7514