[Dixielandjazz] Re: Six And Seven-eights String band LP

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat May 20 00:06:36 PDT 2006

Dear Glen,
You are a treasure!
I went to that Smithsonian site, but missed the 'Six & Seven Eighths'
reference.
In fact, I did a search for the group at the site but it came up negative.
My mate Phil O'Rourke has just provided the Folkways LP label information
which says:
Library of Congress Catalogue Card No. R 59 - 254
(C) 1959 Folkways Records & Service Corp., 17 W. 60th St., NYC.
So we have a release date for (I presume) FA2671.
I now wonder when Folkways FP671 was issued.

More later, after I've re-checked the Smithsonian site.
Regards,
Bill