[Dixielandjazz] Re: failure notice

dingle at baldwin-net.com dingle at baldwin-net.com
Thu May 18 07:33:42 PDT 2006

pat ladd wrote:

> << First woman.  My boy friend has an electric organ.>>
>
> Hi, well heres a first.

> joke which I had seen.
>
> The post has been returned as, wait for it, " there is the possibility
> for double entendre in this message".  Gosh!  Its is really good to
> think that someone, somewhere, is intent on keeping us on the straight
> and narrow.
>
> I wish there was someone as zealous checking TV scripts.
>
> Cheers
>
> Pat

Dear Pat: I am glad that in spite of all the havoc the storm caused you,
you are still up and running.
No one was more saddened by the way N.O. got mauled by nature and some
manmade stupidity in the aftermatch. (What did they ever do with those
drowned school buses?)
Jean and I were married there in Christ Episcopal Chruch on Canal Street
just across from the Vieux Carre  fifty year ago last November.
I was playing a month-long stand with Ted Weems at the old Roosevelt
Hotel, Ted gave the bride away in place of Jean's father who couldn't
get down from Michigan, and Bonnie Shaw, gal singer,  was bridesmaid
(she later married Diamond Jim Moran's son), and a college mate on duty
in air force was best man.
We got off at 12 at the hotel, so I would go change pick up Jean and we
would spend the late hours at jazz rooms like The Paddock, Mardi Gras
Lounge (Sid Davilla's place -- great clarinet, by the way), the Famous
Door where Santo was holding sway, and some bistro where I heard a young
fellow named George Girard who played a storm on trumpet. A great solo
piano man was at the Absenth House - nameforgtten but hsi playing is not.
It was a great time and place to start a marriage. Considering the
stress of the road years, multi-moves, and all, it is a wonder that a
musician's marriage could last 50 years -- and a tribute to New Orleans
gumbo, Po' Boy sandwiches, and beignets and chickory coffess served at
the levee watching the sun come up. Mississippi mud is a good glue -- in
very smal amouns I should add.
I hope that your travails will be resolved soon, that you will draw upon
the many memories you have and have oftenshared w ith us and find
strength there. I wish you will, and I wish you good health which may be
the nost inportant possession we can have.
Glad to see you back posting more frequently. Keep 'em coming.
Don (and Jean) Ingle