[Dixielandjazz] Re: George Girard and the Basin Street Six

Roger Wade rwade1947 at comcast.net
Tue May 16 18:00:28 PDT 2006

I did a quick search on Amazon and found "The Basin Street Six - The
Complete Circle Recordings", with a sub heading of "The very first
recordings of Pete Fountain and George Girard".  It's on the GHB
label, courtesy of George Buck. There is a great picture of the band
on the front cover.

Amazon charges $15.98, but it is available new from other sellers on
their site for as low as $9.87 and international shipping is
available.  Of course it should also be available directly from Mr.
Buck at Jazzology.com.

I have this CD and it is terrific but I can't seem to locate it right
now.  I must have loaned it to my father.

Best,

Roger Wade
Really Old Records
www.reallyoldrecords.com