[Dixielandjazz] Re: George Girard and the Basin Street Six

rahberry at comcast.net rahberry at comcast.net
Tue May 16 17:57:06 PDT 2006

Bill and All,
I have one CD issued by GHB in 1994, entitled "The Basin Street Six: the Complete Circle Recordings."  Musicians:  Girard tpt, Fountain cl & #4 tenor sax, Joe Rotis tbn, Roy Zimmerman p, Bunny Franks sb, and Charlie Duke dr.
Tracks 1-9, Aug. 2, 1950; tracks 10-12, Nov. 3, 1950.  All recorded in New Orleans
Tunes:
Margie (vocal Girard)
Farewell Blues
That's a Plenty #1
That's a Plenty #2
Up a Lazy River
Jazz Me Blues
I'm Going Home
High Society
South Rampart Street Parade
Mahogany Hall Stomp (previously unissued)
World's Waiting for the Sunrise (previously unissued)
Waiting for the Robert E. Lee

One can only wonder "Why no Tin Roof?"  Maybe it wasn't a Circle recording.

     Rae Ann

From: Bill Haesler <bhaesler at bigpond.net.au>