[Dixielandjazz] OKOM in the UK

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Tue May 16 07:33:54 PDT 2006

DJMLers (mainly) in the UK--
     I have a friend and colleague (and leader of the New Orleans Jazz
Band of Austin, a piano-pounder and banjoist) who will be flying with
his wife to London on May 22nd for a cruise around the UK on the
25th.  They'll be stopping in Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin, and
Plymouth (and some other points) before getting back to London.
     Does anyone know of any dixieland or OKOM-type music going on in
or around those cities between (say) May 25th and June 2nd?  Or any
publications to check, telephone-numbers to call, with information
about such?  (He probably won't have access to a computer over there.)
     If you have any such info, you can post it to the DJML or just
send it to me, and i'll forward it to him.
     Thanks!

     Dan
**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**    "In each human heart are a tiger, a pig, an ass, and a
**     nightingale.  Diversity of character is due to their unequal
**     activity."   --  Ambrose Bierce in _The Devil's Dictionary_