[Dixielandjazz] Re: Louis Armstrong in Paris 1934

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri May 12 15:58:53 PDT 2006

Dear Glen,
I am interested in your reply to Bob.
You mention that "6 of the tunes" are on your Naxos CD CD 8. 120676.
There were 7 sides originally involved on the Louis recording date, but two
of them were "On The Sunny Side Of The Street - Parts 1 & 2".
I had assumed that the Naxos CD you have had run these together as one
track.
Can you please confirm what is on your CD?
One 5.50 long version of "OTSSOTS"?
BTW. Original 78 copies of the listed alternate first take of "Will You,
Won't You Be My Bay" have not been found. It probably doesn't exist.
Regards,
Bill.