[Dixielandjazz] Gig opportunity in Peidmont / Montclair District of Oakland.

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu May 11 13:24:27 PDT 2006

tcashwigg at aol.com wrote

> Hey guys in N. California:
>
> Here is a lady making some gigs happen.
> Now if everybody did this there would be more work for all.
> Now somebody go score an Okom gig or two there.
>
> P.S.  It's in the High rent district so charge accordingly.

> NEW JAZZ SERIES IN OAKLAND, VOILA, JAZZ! (oakland piedmont / montclair)

> New Oakland jazz series, Voila, Jazz! Looking for some quality live
> jazz? Starting June 1st there will be live jazz at VOILA JUICE BAR AND
> CAFE, 510 Derby Avenue @ Ford (between 29th Avenue & Fruitvale). IN
> OAKLAND. 6-8 pm, NO COVER. Come to the Grand Opening on Thursday, June
> 1st at 6 pm For information call (510) 261-1444 or email
> cathi at cwalkup.com.

Oh man, Martha and I lived in Montclair from 1966 to 1969. Know exactly
where that joint is located. Down the hill in Oakland. We were negotiating
to buy a house in Piedmont for $55,000 in 1968 when I decided to take a job
offer I couldn't refuse, in Philadelphia.

Bet that house is now at least a $million. Rats, if we'd stayed there I
might have a gig. :-) VBG

Cheers,
Steve