[Dixielandjazz] Re: woke up this morning - even more OT

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Wed May 10 17:54:31 PDT 2006

I said it was "a bit" corrected - there is something wrong with the
"I got so downright angry" part as well ;-)

If you are going to suffer to play the blues you have to get the
words right!

BTW - How about a "Protest Song" since they are all in the news lately:

> Uhhh... uhhh... this next song is a protest song.
> Ladies and gentleman, I've suffered for my music, now it's your turn.
>
> All the prophets of doom
> can always find room
> In a world full of worry and fear
> Tip cigarettes and chemistry sets
> And rudolph the red-nosed reindeer
> So I'm goin back to my little old shack
> And drink me a bottle of wine
> That was mis en bouteille before my birthday
> And have me a f****in' good time
>
> Rain on a tin roof sounds like a drum
> We're marching for freedom today
> Yeay
> Turn on your headlights and sound your horn
> If people get in the way
>
> Let me turn you on to the chromium swan
> On the nose of a long limousine
> Even hired for the day it is something to say
> But what the hhehhellll does it mean
> I may be accused of being confused
> But I'm average weight for my height
> My philosophy like color tv
> Is all there in black and white
>

> RAI! .. rain on a tin roof sounds like a drum
> We're marching for freedom today
> yeay!
> Turn on your headlights and sound your horn
> If people get in the way
Neil Innes (from his early non-Bonzo Dog recording "Rutland Weekend
Television"

listen at http://www.neilinnes.org/songs4.htm#ps - slightly different
PG13 version