[Dixielandjazz] IF YOU TELL THEM, THEY WILL COME.

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed May 10 15:15:20 PDT 2006

Below snipped from a News Letter by Swing Dance DJ/Promoter in, New York,
New Jersey, Pennsylvania area. Went to Swing Dancers & Clubs in the area.
Goes to hundreds of YOUNG PEOPLE. Alex is 20 something and has DJ'd for us
at local College Swing Dances between sets.

As the Vampire said, nothing beats fresh blood.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

begin snip -

and below is information on the Hot Steamed Jazz Festival June 23-25.

Ok so I need to know by email by May 23 who is down to go and who's not, I'm
going regardless but if we want to get that discount we need to hit the 20
mark...Right now I have more than that committed to go but need your
confirmations. Below are the deets, I really think this is going to be THE
best east coast dance event this year...

I wanted to tell you all about a great event happening in June.  It's
actually been happening for the last 14 years and I didn't even know about
it until now.  I found out about through Dan Levinson's (of Vince Giordano's
Nighthawks and 80 million other bands) concert email list.  It's called the
Hot Steamed Jazz Festival and it will be held on June 23rd, 24th, & 25th,
2006 in Essex CT.  There will 10 to 12 Hot Jazz/Classic Swing bands booked
for this weekend.  Normally the cost of the entire weekend is $70 however I
worked out a deal with one of the organizers which is if I can bring in 20
or more people to the event the price will drop down to only $50 each
person!  This is an amazing deal for the amount of high quality live music
which will be representing at this event.  I will be going regardless
however I wanted to send this opportunity out to whomever might be
interested.  Feel free to forward this invitation for a discounted rate for
the Hot Steamed Jazz Festival to anyone you like.  Obviously this email list
is going out to mostly dancers and I wanted to also let you know that the
event will be outside under a 2 grand tents both with hard wood dance
floors.

Here's the tentative lineup for the weekend thus far:

      Banu Gibson – New Orleans
      Vince Giordano’s Night Hawks – New York
      Galvanized Jazz Band, with Jane Campedelli– Connecticut
      Canal Street Hot 6 – Pennsylvania
      Bob Seeley - Jazz Pianist  – Michigan
      Traditional Jazz Collective – New York
      Neville Dickie - Stride Pianist – England
      Riverboat Ramblers – Connecticut
      Dan Levinson’s Canary Cottage Dance Orchestra– New York
      Jeff Hughes & Festival All Stars – Mass, CT, NY, Etc.

Once again anyone who is interested in going to this event please shoot me
an email ASAP and let me know.  I'll also start working on maybe getting a
hotel discount for the group because there are a ton of hotels in the area.
In the meantime check out the website for the event yourself at:

http://hotsteamedjazz.com/

Once again this event is about musical quality, A majority of the musicians
in these groups are ranked in the top 20 in the Jazz Polls for their
instrumentation.  Needless to say, I can't wait!

Alex