[Dixielandjazz] FW: about Paul Huling - A sad notice

Tito Martino tmartino at terra.com.br
Thu May 4 12:18:22 PDT 2006

Dear List Mates

please take this mail as a salute to a great human being and enthusiastic
jazzman, deceased last week;

 Paul Huling the Laundry Fat, who played tuba and washboard with his wife
Jean, the Ragtime Queen.

This mail was not intended to the DJML; I received it from a friend and
judged pertinent to our scopes

in the DJML.

Those of you unacquainted with the Brazilian highly emotional way to take
friendships or with

the ingenuous candour of simple people, will be surprised with the letter.

Others will see the profound seriousness of feelings of the writer, a very
good trumpet player who plays exclusively OKOM.

Remember that the writer never studied English formally, has intermediate
level education and he is

nevertheless one of the most important promoters of Traditional Jazz in São
Paulo town (!3 million people).

respectfully

Tito Martino

 <http://www.titomartinojazzband.com.br> www.titomartinojazzband.com.br