[Dixielandjazz] looking for dixieland arrangements

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Wed May 3 00:49:42 PDT 2006

Joe Hopkins writes:

 >I am planning a six week Dixieland workshop for music students this
> summer....I am looking for Dixieland arrangements that would be suitable
> for  junior
> high and senior high school students to play. Any input would be
> appreciated.....
>
> Joe Hopkins
> AZ  Classic Jazz Society Vice-President
> Jazz Clarinet...52nd Street Jazz Band  602-810-5888 or 480-396-6798
> _www.azclassicjazz.org_ (http://www.azaclassicjazz.org/)

I suggest you contact the director of the Sacramento Jazz Camps.
Bill Dendle, bdendle at winfirst.com

Sending this to the STJS Exec director, Jill Johnson also.

Yvonne Au yvonnea1 at surewest.net might know where there are some.

I understand that the organization of Jazz teachers or somebody like that,
is developing a curriculum for teachers to be able to teach OKOM.

Polly Edgerton has a grammar or Jr high school youth band.  Polly Edgerton
polly at pollyshotpaupers.com

--Bob Ringwald