[Dixielandjazz] Status Earl McKee

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Tue May 2 01:30:44 PDT 2006

Sent: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 00:53:56 -0400
Subject: Re: How is Earl doing?
Hello everybody,
I spoke to Earl this afternoon by telephone.  He is doing very well.  He
received
quadruple bypass surgery on Monday.  He was taken out of Intensive Care on
Wednesday.
He walks already and eats and drinks.  He did not complain much about pain
except
when he coughs or laughs.  The pain killer seems to work.  He is in good
spirits
and expects to go home "in a couple of days".
His recovery time is expected to be six weeks.  He is not supposed to lift
anything
heavier than 5 lbs.  Unless we can find a tuba weighing less than 5 lbs Earl
is not
going to play until after the Sacramento Jazz Festival.
I am sure that we all are relieved that Earl seems to be making a great
recovery.
Someone asked for his address to send him a card.  Here it is: Earl McKee,
P.O. Box
13, Three Rivers, CA 93271.
with regards,
Pieter Meijers

 Hello everybody,
Just a quick note.  I spoke to Earl this morning.  He is home and is
recovering on
schedule.  He is somewhat sore, but does not have real pain.  He can walk,
but gets
tired quickly, but everyday his stamina gets better.  His spirits are up.
best wishes,
Pieter Meijers