[Dixielandjazz] Air Force Musicians

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Tue May 2 00:31:47 PDT 2006

For a year i was the only tuba player in the band, which was (i believe)
right after Jim Kashishian was in it.  Dan
------------------

That's right, Dan.  I was at March AFB from 1961 until May of 1966, when I
was shipped to the band at Torrejon AFB, Madrid, Spain. Three years later, I
left the Air Force after completing 8 yrs, as I was already working in the
recording studios in Madrid as a session musician, and with my present band,
Canal Street.  I got a degree from Maryland U in business from the AF after
that, studying at the Air Base in Madrid.

I absolutely hate it when I'm referred to as an ex-pat!  I didn't leave my
country, I was sent here by my country.  I just never got around to going
back....., but there's still a difference.

Jim