[Dixielandjazz] Re: Rhythm Inn

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Mar 28 22:55:08 PST 2006

Dear Dave,
You can also add the following to your synopsis.
Kind regards,
Bill.

Rhythm Inn. 1951. (70 mins.)
Formula musical from Monogram involving a Dixieland jazz band with a
would-be song writer and a budding girl vocalist.
Ramez Idriss soundtracked the single-string electric guitar solos for Ralph
Peters.
Also featured is the Anson Weeks Band in scenes originally shot for, but not
used in, another film and pulled off the shelf for this one.

Directed by Paul Landres
Writing credits. William Raynor (as Bill Raynor)

Cast
Jane Frazee as Carol Denton
Kirby Grant as Dusty Rhodes
Charles Smith as Eddie Thompson
Lois Collier as Betty Parker
Fritz Feld as Prof. Rinaldo
Ralph Sanford as Pete Harris
Armida as Specialty Dancer
Anson Weeks as Joe Riggan
Jean Ritchie as Specialty Skater
Ramon Ros as Specialty Dancer
Pete Daily as Dixieland Band Trumpet Player
Wingy Manone as Dixieland Band Trumpet Player
Walter Gross as Dixieland Band Piano Player
Ralph Peters as Dixieland Band Guitar Player
Matty Matlock as  Dixieland Band Clarinet Player
Joe Yukl as Dixieland Band Trombone Player
Budd Hatch as Dixieland Band Bass Player
Barrett Deems as Dixieland Band Drummer
Elsie Ames as Comedy dance team member (Ames and Arno)
Nick Arno as Comedy dance team member (Ames and Arno)

Original Music:
Moose Charlap (song "Past the Age of Innocence")

Non-Original Music:
Charlie Barnet,  (song "Skyliner")
Irvin Graham, (song "With a Twist of the Wrist")
Patrick Lewis,  (song "I Love You That Is")
Jay Livingston,  (song "The Window Wiper song")
John Rox,  (song "It's a Big, Wide, Wonderful World)
Bill Sawens,  (song "Past the Age of Innocence")
Louis Collier, (song "Love")
Also "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot"

Other crew
Armida,  singer
Dewey Bergman,  lyricist: "I Love You That Is"
Ray Evans,  lyricist: "The Window Wiper song"
Norman Gimbel, lyricist: "Past the Age of Innocence"
Edward J. Kay,  musical director
William Raynor,  lyricist (as Bill Raynor)
Jack Segal, lyricist: "I Love You That Is"