[Dixielandjazz] From Analog to Digital

SailOhr at aol.com SailOhr at aol.com
Tue Mar 28 05:41:42 PST 2006

Adding to the morass of info concerning analog to digital media.

I seem to get good results with the following setup:

An old Acoustic Research LP turntable fed to
A stereo system which includes audio inputs and a phono preamp with audio
outputs fed to "line in" inputs on the computer. Sound levels have to be set
though your computers control panel (sound devices).
Computer has "Cakewalk Pyro" software for recording analog material and
converting it to digital media for recording with CD-DVD recording drive. CD-Rs
seem to produce acceptable results (for me at least) although I have no clue as
to their longevity.

Best of luck,

Ed Ohr